From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@××××××.be>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] Questions about iso's
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:12:31
On Monday 22 April 2002 05:45, you wrote:

> I'm sorry if this was covered already during my brief absence from the > list (I didn't subscribe to the new one until recently) but are there > any estimations as to when the new iso's will be out? I thought the > current ones would be a bit smoother that the ones posted on April 5th, > but rsync doesn't work due to a missing shared library, and cvs isn't > included which means I can't even get past 'emerge rsync' :P
mac-fdisk isn't included either... But I'm sure kain will have a fix out soon. Unfortunately, he seems rather busy atm. :-)
> No pressure / heat or anything, I just want to know when a new iso / bz2 > might be posted so I can keep trying to install this distro.
There are a few quick hacks available at the moment to solve the most urgent issues: rsync: use a libpopt from penguinppc.org or a ydl one. mac-fdisk: you can use the old iso to partition your hard disk. Pieter -- Pieter Van den Abeele pvdabeel@g.o