From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] PS3 and crossdev
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 17:19:00
Luca Barbato wrote:
> Jason wrote: >> Been beating my head against a wall for a day or so now. I'm trying to >> get ppu/spu crosscompilers on my boxes so that I can use distcc on the >> PS3... >> >> I pulled the toolchains overlay with layman, and I've tried 4 different >> versions of gcc-4.3.0, all of which fail to emerge. I know some folks >> have it running, which (exact) version did you use? > > the problem is because crossdev can't mix and match overlays... > > you should delete completely sys-devel/binutils from the toolchain overlay > > and instruct crossdev to use the latest gcc (from toolchain) and the > latest binutils (from standard portage).
Okay, did that, but crossdev's building of binutils still fails with: checking host system type... checking target system type... Invalid configuration `ppu': machine `ppu' not recognized configure: error: /bin/sh /var/tmp/cross/ppu/portage/cross-ppu/binutils-2.17/wor k/binutils-2.17/opcodes/../config.sub ppu failed x86_64-pc-linux-gnu So, before I use crossdev, I think I need gcc-4.3.0. Currently, I'm using: gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 (Gentoo 4.1.1-r3) Which goes back to the original question. Which ebuild (from toolchains) works for gcc-4.3.0 on amd64 or x86? thx, Jason. -- gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list