From: Stefan Bruda <bruda@×××××××××××.ca>
To: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>, gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] no eth0 and cannot run mkofboot
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 02:05:13
1 At 21:56 -0400 on 2004-9-8 Stefan Bruda wrote:
2 >
3 > You may want to check that CONFIG_SYSFS is set (honestly I don't
4 > know its exact location but it is there somewhere--as a matter of
5 > fact I thought that sysfs is always set but since there is an
6 > option for it I guess this is not quite the case).
7
8 Hrm, it *is* where I expected it (File systems -> Pseudo filesystems)
9 in .config, but I do not have a menu entry for the thing (kernel
10 2.6.7-gentoo-r14) so I guess I was right saying that it should be set
11 automatically. Beats me why it is not so in your case, I am not sure
12 how to fix this (maybe by editing .config manually?--yes, I know this
13 is ugly, ugly, ugly).
14
15 Stefan
18 If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
19 it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
20 --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
23 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list