From: Stefan Bruda <bruda@×××××××××××.ca>
To: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] no eth0 and cannot run mkofboot
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 01:56:38
1 Hi.
2
3 At 20:23 -0400 on 2004-9-8 Michael George wrote:
4 >
5 > Class ffff UniNorth GMAC (???)
6
7 That's the one. :-) It seems to be present in most newer Apple
8 machines. The driver that works with the thing is sungem (set
9 CONFIG_SUNGEM to be built into the kernel or as module as you feel
10 like).
11
12 > > > Why is sysfs missing?
13
14 You may want to check that CONFIG_SYSFS is set (honestly I don't know
15 its exact location but it is there somewhere--as a matter of fact I
16 thought that sysfs is always set but since there is an option for it I
17 guess this is not quite the case).
20 If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
21 it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
22 --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
25 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list