From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: stuporglue <stuporglue@×××××.com>
Cc: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>, gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] no eth0 and cannot run mkofboot
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 00:24:59
1 On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 04:11:05PM -0700, stuporglue wrote:
2 > On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:29:27 -0400, Michael George <george@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > What device drivers for ethernet should I include for a quicksilver 800MHz and
4 > > is there something I specifically have to do to enable it?
5 >
6 > Try running lspci or "cat /proc/pci | more" and look for anything that
7 > looks ethernet-y
8
9 I have
10
11 UniNorth (the PCI host bridges) * 3
12 ATI Radeon (video)
13 Two video controllers (my Aurora Pipe)
14 Class ff00 KeyLargo Mac I/O (??)
15 USB Controller KeyLargo USB (obviously the USB controller) * 2
16 Class ffff Lucent Microelectronics (internal modem?)
17 Class ffff UniNorth GMAC (???)
18
19 I don't see the ethernet device, but I know it was there when I was running
20 booted from the CD...
21
22 > > Why is sysfs missing?
23 > >
24 > > What did I miss that my system is still trying to run syslog-ng and why isn't
25 > > metalog logging anything?
26 >
27 > Did you update the rc scripts?
28 > #rc-update del syslog-ng
29 > #rc-update add metalog default
30
31 I did do the add, but apparently I had not done the del. We'll see if that
32 helps.
33
34 Any clues on the sysfs issue?
35
36 Thanks for your direction!
39 -M
40
41 There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
42 Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.
45 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list