From: tetsuotheironman@×××.com
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Re: Modem setup for wallstreet PB
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 11:22:43
1 > * Chris Hamant [tetsuotheironman@×××.com] [2002-07-03 20:28 -0400]:
2 >
3 > I'm having a hardtime figuring out what to link /dev/modem to.. i've
4 > tried a couple of /dev/pty and /dev/tty devices but there are so
5 > many.. I can't really figure out where it is supposed to be.. Does
6 > anyone know off the top of their head? (or could you possible tell me
7 > how to find out?
8 >
9 > /dev/ttyS2
10 >
11 > HTH
12 >
13 > cal (writting from a 233mhz wallstreet series)
14
15 I must have my kernel compiled incorrectly then.... None of the devices
16 that start with 'tty' have characters after them.. only numbers...
17 that's what was confusing me.. everything tells me 'ttyS2' but the only
18 devices that have letters start with 'pty' .. Any suggestions?