From: Alden Huang <alden.huang@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] ibook PCMCIA
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:10:01
Hi there,

I was just curious if anyone had experience using their ibook (dual-usb
model) with a pcmcia wifi card that is not a lucent orinoco/airport. I
have a card which fits neatly (without having to do anything ridiculous
with a dremel =), but I just can't seem to get it to even detect.

I really have no experience with anything PCMCIA on linux, and I cant
even get the computer to show that something is there and plugged
in....although I'm sure its a card supported; it's just a re-badged prism2.

Although the LEDS on the card light up when I plug it in, cardctl
returns no socket() or something like that...nothing shows up under the
boot cd loading with the dopcmcia option either.

Am I missing something just obvious and stupid? any help would be
appreciated.

Best,
alden