From: Armando Di Cianno <armando@××××××××.com>
To: Chris Gehlker <chris@×××××××××××××.biz>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Can't boot iBook 2 from G3 grp livecd
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:22:59
1 I believe this is the 10.2.8 update issue that has been discussed
2 heavily in the forums. You updated to Mac OS X 10.2.8, right?
3 Basically, you need to recompile your kernel with newer sources. To
4 actually boot, you need to newest small cd iso released this week (or
5 late last week, i think) (although for me PB G4 800Mhz revIII the
6 1.4_rc5 iso worked, if you have that lying around).
7
8 I know -- it's a really annoying firmware update bug. Scared the heck
9 out of me when I tried to boot linux after updating Mac.
10
11 good luck,
12 __armando
13