From: "Joao F. Serejo" <lx90@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] airport help
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 03:00:19
hy all.

i just add finish up setting my new airport card bellow my kbd and the kernel boot
up recognizing the new "eth1". I'm using the benh tree (2.4.21-benh2) and its iBook2
configurations with minor changes to adjust to gentoo-sources, and all the suport
needed by the kernel is set.

Start dig in for airport configuration under gentoo and linux in genral i found a nice
doc unfortunaly not aplied to our distro! Please can someone give me some highlights on
how to adjust this following setting in gentoo configuration files ?

thanks in advanced!

---

# NOTE: This doc is mented to pass out debian configurations
#        of an Airport Card intoo my Gentoo iBook2.2 machine

# deb File '/etc/network/interfaces'

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The built in Network interface
iface eth0 inet dhcp

# Wireless Airport Card interface
iface eth1 inet dhcp
pre-up modprobe airport
post-down rmmod airport
post-down rmmod orinoco
post-down rmmod hermes
wireless_essid any
wireless_mode Managed
wireless_ap any
wireless_nick Pintas
wireless_key off

# deb File '/etc/network/network'

alias eth1 airport
probeall airport hermes orinoco ## MODULES ##
alias eth0 sungem

# End

--
Sincerely, (com os mais sinceros cumprimentos);
Joao F. Serejo , Lisbon - PT :: lx90@×××××××.pt