From: Joe McMahon <mcmahon@×××××××××××.edu>
To: "Pyott, Albert R" <Pyott@×××××.gov>
Cc: "'gentooppc-user@g.o'" <gentooppc-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] yaboot.conf script
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:31:24
1 > Could someone share a good, simple yaboot.conf script? I'm not installing
2 > any other OS. Just Linux. Nothing fancy.
3 Sure. Here ya go.
4
5 # yaboot.conf generated by yabootconfig 1.0.5
6 ##
7 ## run: "man yaboot.conf" for details. Do not make changes until you have!!
8 ##
9 ## For a dual-boot menu, add one or more of:
10 ## bsd=/dev/hdaX, macos=/dev/hdaY, macosx=/dev/hdaZ
11
12 boot=/dev/hda9
13 device=hd:
14 partition=13
15 root=/dev/hda13
16 timeout=30
17 macos=hd:11
18 install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
19 magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
20
21 image=/vmlinux
22 label=Linux
23 read-only
24
25 > Also, an even more basic question: where is the kernel image installed? Is
26 > it in the boot partition or /boot ? That might help me get yaboot configured
27 > properly.
28 It's in /boot. I've got /boot/vmlinux symlinked to /vmlinux.
29
30 yabootconfig is definitely your friend. Once I had the boot partition set
31 up, yabootconfig set it all up and I didn't have to do anything.
32
33 --- Joe M.