From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] problems with gentoo on bone-stock powermac
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:15:08
1 I've spend the most of the past 4 evenings trying to get gentoo to install on
2 my PowerMac. Bone stock, 800 Quicksilver. Nothing special, nothing strange.
3
4 Reformatted the disk and followed the PPC install handbook.
5
6 I built the defult picked ethernet drivers as modules and also the Sun GEM
7 module (though I don't have gigabit eth). However, after going through all
8 that, the system boots and it does not see that it has an ethernet card.
9
10 Before this last complete install I had the drivers build into the kernel.
11 Same results.
12
13 But when booting from the 2004.1 CDROM, it sees the network with no problem.
14
15 Is the 2.6 kernel on ppc kinda buggy/broken? Anyone have a clue what might be
16 the problem?
19 -M
20
21 There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
22 Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.
25 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list