From: Holger Amann <keeney@××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] problems with gentoo on bone-stock powermac
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:16:53
1 On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Michael George wrote:
2
3 > I've spend the most of the past 4 evenings trying to get gentoo to install on
4 > my PowerMac. Bone stock, 800 Quicksilver. Nothing special, nothing strange.
5 >
6 > Reformatted the disk and followed the PPC install handbook.
7 >
8 > I built the defult picked ethernet drivers as modules and also the Sun GEM
9 > module (though I don't have gigabit eth). However, after going through all
10 > that, the system boots and it does not see that it has an ethernet card.
11 >
12 > Before this last complete install I had the drivers build into the kernel.
13 > Same results.
14 >
15 > But when booting from the 2004.1 CDROM, it sees the network with no problem.
16 >
17 > Is the 2.6 kernel on ppc kinda buggy/broken? Anyone have a clue what might be
18 > the problem?
19
20 have you configured your card correctly? -> /etc/conf.d/net, rc-update and
21 so on..
22 what says ifconfig?
23 the kernel is not broken.
26 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list