From: Michael George <george@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] PPC Installation?
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 12:33:25
1 I am trying Gentoo again on my Power Mac. I thought that the last time I
2 tried it there was an installation guide specific to the PPC. However, I
3 see notes now that all have been consolidated into the Handbook.
4
5 Makes sense, but I'm to where I am to copy the kernel to /boot, but I have
6 several to choose from. It looks like zImage.pmac (linked to vmlinux.coff) is
7 the one I'd want, but the handbook doesn't discuss ppc directly.
8
9 Also, won't the bootloader installation be completely different for PPC vs.
10 x86?
11
12 Thanks!
15 -M
16
17 There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
18 Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.
21 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list