From: Robert Silge <robert.silge@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] Xautoconfig won't emerge. Anyone have config files?
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 21:23:50
When I try to emerge it I get an error about pci.o

gcc -O2 -Wall   -c -o Xautoconfig3.o Xautoconfig3.c
Xautoconfig3.c: In function `main':
Xautoconfig3.c:135: warning: implicit declaration of function `system'
gcc -O2 -Wall   -c -o Xautoconfig4.o Xautoconfig4.c
Xautoconfig4.c: In function `main':
Xautoconfig4.c:100: warning: implicit declaration of function `system'
gcc -O2 -Wall   -c -o pci.o pci.c
pci.c:17: pci/pci.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [pci.o] Error 1

!!! ERROR: The ebuild did not complete successfully.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 2, Exitcode 2
!!! sorry, failed to compile Xautoconfig (PPC-only ebuild)

!!! emerge aborting on
/usr/portage/x11-misc/Xautoconfig/Xautoconfig-0.15.ebuild .

I get the same when I fetch the source and try it myself. Google turned up
nothing on pci.h. Anyone gotten this to install?

Or, if anyone has the various Xconfig files for a Pismo Powerbook that would
be great too.

-Rob