From: Bryn Hughes <linux@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xinetd crashes after connection exits
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 07:44:56
1 On Mar 1, 2004, at 9:52 AM, Bryn Hughes wrote:
2 >>>
3 >>
4 >> Well there's 2 immediate differences between our setups, and I'm
5 >> disinclined to think that architecture is an issue cause I've run
6 >> amanda
7 >> on ppc as well (2.4.3 I think)., and never raced xinetd. I'm on x86
8 >> now,
9 >> using xinetd-2.3.13 like you, but not using the ebuild. Not to be
10 >> presumptuous, but have you tried doing a manual installation? It was a
11 >> major pain the first few times, but I can show my configs if you want
13 >> try that route. I have no idea whether that will fix your issue but it
14 >> might be worth a go. Been running amanda 2.4.3 for a long while, 2.4.4
15 >> recently.
16 >
17 > I get exactly the same results with a manual build as I do with the
18 > ebuild. Just gave it a try again to be sure, I still get the same
19 > race condition. I also tried building amanda manually, didn't help
20 > the situation either. I've run amanda and xinetd together before on
21 > ppc but not under gentoo... I have them running together happily on an
22 > x86 box sitting right next to the 'problem' server too. I'm starting
23 > to wonder if there's a problem with some dependancy of xinetd now.
24 > <sigh>
25 >
26 > Bryn
27
28 Just tried recompiling all dependencies of both xinetd and amanda, no
29 change. xinetd still races after the second connection. I'm pretty
30 much at a loss as to what to try next. :(
31
32 Bryn
36 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list