From: Mark Guertin <mguertin@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o, gentoo-newbies@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] emerge errors
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 11:58:48
1 It's your rsync settings. That is not currently a valid rsync mirror for
2 ppc (it is being reworked I believe).
3
4 Use any of the standard gentoo mirrors (i.e. rsync2.us.gentoo.org). You can
5 make these changes in your /etc/make.conf (RSYNC=).
6
7 Hope this works out for you
8
9 Mark
10
11 P.S. there should be PPC guide updates happening anytime to reflect this as
12 well.
13
14 ----- Original Message -----
15 From: "Kener, Andy" <Andy.Kener@×××.com>
16 To: <gentoo-newbies@g.o>; <gentooppc-user@g.o>
17 Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 12:34 PM
18 Subject: [gentooppc-user] emerge errors
21 > I have been getting errors whenever I run emerge. My setup is as follows.
22 > I have a tiBook 500 running Mandrake 8.2. I set up a dedicated partition
23 > for gentoo, and as my internal dvd doesn't work i can only boot off of an
24 > external firewire cdrom. The gentoo iso would not boot, so i untarred the
25 > .tbz2 file into the partition, /mnt/gentoo, and proceeded from there.
26 When
27 > i run "emerge rsync" i get the following error:
28 >
29 > >>> starting rsync with rsync://sunsite.dk/gentooppc/portage...
30 > bash: mc: line 2: unexpected EOF while looking for matching "'
31 > bash: mc: line 4: syntax error: unexpected end of file
32 > bash: error importing function definition for 'mc'
33 >
34 > I have followed all the instructions in the guide, and it seems to work,
35 but
36 > i eventually get a lot of compile errors.
37 > If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, I'd appreciate any input. Thanks
38 :)
39 >
48 > gentooppc-user mailing list
49 > gentooppc-user@g.o