From: "Jörg Vorher" <info@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 15:42:15
1 ----- Original Message -----
2 From: "Charles Trois" <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>
3 To: <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
4 Cc: <gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o>
5 Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 5:37 PM
6 Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Booting Gentoo 2006.1 on an iMac
9 > Hello,
10 >
11 > I am having trouble while installing 2006.1 on my iMac. I have made
12 > other installations before, but never had this problem.
13 > I am using the Universal ppc disk, and I have followed strictly all the
14 > steps in the 2006.1 handbook. I have not made any modules, everything is
15 > in the kernel.
16 >
17 > What happens is that, on the final reboot, I see 10 or 15 lines of text
18 > (is that the Open Firmware part?) that disappear immediately. Then there
19 > is nothing, and I have to cut the power to go on.
20 >
21 > I have also made a more complete version of yaboot.conf with macos,
22 > macosx, etc. Then the bootloader shows these options (ignores
23 > enablecdboot and enableofboot, though). Typing x for macosx
24 > starts it normally, but l for linux fails as described above.
25 >
26 > This is done without an Internet connexion. I haven't got one yet
27 > because my new modem is a Speedtouch 510v5 Ethernet type, which works
28 > very well with osx, but is notoriously troublesome with Linux (but this
29 > is another affair).
30 >
31 > I should be grateful for any hints.
32 >
33 > Charles
34 > --
35 > gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list