From: "Jörg Lühmann" <lofwyr@×××.com>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-user] Weird Keyboard problem on a powerbook after install
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:50:57
1 Hi Nicky,
2
3 i had the same problem on my Powerbook G4. Even with an external keyboard. I
4 bootes my SuSE partition and changed the keymap. I used the full filename of
5 the keymap not just US or DE. That worked.
6
7 regards
8
9 Joerg
10 ----- Original Message -----
11 From: "Nicky Peeters" <nicky.peeters@×××××××.be>
12 To: <gentooppc-user@g.o>
13 Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 10:42 PM
14 Subject: [gentooppc-user] Weird Keyboard problem on a powerbook after
15 install
18 > Hello ,
19 >
20 > I just installed gentoopcc on my Pismo Powerbook , and the install went
21 > very smooth.
22 > After I compiled my kernel and made some last configurations I rebooted
23 > and my fresh gentoo booted just fine.
24 >
25 > But when I got my login prompt I noticed that my whole keyboard was
26 > mangled. Not in a qwerty vs. azerty way though. For example 8 is now
27 > return , and space = n etc...
28 > And since I was stupid enough not to emerge openssh before rebooting,
29 > I'm stuck with a perfectly installed distro , but no way of fixing whats
30 > wrong.
31 > I hope its an ADB driver problem because then I can plug-in a USB
32 > keyboard and hope that will work.
33 >
34 > I've searched the web and mailinglists , but cannot find any info about
35 > the problem.
36 > Does anyone have a clue about what went wrong ?
37 >
38 > Thanx in advance,
39 >
40 > Nicky Peeters