From: "L. S." <lsearchw@××××××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] Install
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:08:35
1 Does anyone have clear steps on installing Gentoo Universal Live system
2 (directly off of the CD-ROM, no network stuff)?
3
4 I tried last night to do it using the spaghetti document which bunches
5 all of the steps (stage1, 2, 3) all in one document.
6
7 It's not clear if stage 3 install requires the emerge step and kernel
8 config stuff.. so I fell after a few a few hours after "# source
9 /etc/profile" was fine and "emerge ..." failed.
12 I am tring to install Gentoo on a new 15" Powerbook that came out (about
13 three weeks ago, end of April 2004 or so.)
14 I am not new to Linux at all, but new to Gentoo.
17 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list