From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Mac Mini PPC - Is this the right list?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:19:42
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:04 PM, matt hull <mattmatteh@×××.com> wrote:
> > > OK, so I then booted from the hard drive and modified /etc/yaboot.conf > > like this: > > > > image=/boot/kernel-2.6.24-gentoo-r3 > > label=2.6.24-gentoo-r3 > > root=/dev/hda4 > > partition=4 > > append="video=radeonfb:1024x768-8@60" > > read-only > > > > Unfortunately when I reboot from the drive this time the monitor is > > not stable. Same bad screen I've been getting. > > > > i assume you ran ybin -v after you changed yaboot.conf ? >
I did not. Is this required with yaboot? If it is it's my mistake totally. It's not required with grub which is what I'm used to using on x86 machines. I can see that running ybin -v has an impact on the bootstrap partition: MacMini etc # ybin -v ybin: Finding OpenFirmware device path to `/dev/hda2'... ybin: Installing first stage bootstrap /usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot onto /dev/hda2... ybin: Installing primary bootstrap /usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot onto /dev/hda2... ybin: Installing /etc/yaboot.conf onto /dev/hda2... ybin: Setting attributes on ofboot... ybin: Setting attributes on yaboot... ybin: Setting attributes on yaboot.conf... ybin: Blessing /dev/hda2 with Holy Penguin Pee... ybin: Updating OpenFirmware boot-device variable in nvram... MacMini etc # I cannot reboot and try it right now as the machine is doing some work. I'll try it later today and let you know how it goes. I suspect this might fix it. Once I get this done then I'll strip out a bunch of the leftover stuff from the kernel config and try to slim stuff down a bit. Thanks for all your help! Cheers, Mark -- gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o mailing list