From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 22:19:43
On 2011.08.04 21:06, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> On 21:42 Wed 03 Aug , Roy Bamford wrote: > > No problem - something as radical as that might have stirred more > > interest. > > And we'd hate to have people actually interested in this. =) > > FWIW, I'd like to see us have 3 people at most on the council. > > But regardless of how many people there are, I think they should be > unequal with different areas of responsibility, independent > decision-making authority, and only one person at the top to revert > their decisions. I don't really like how all members are at-large. > > -- > Thanks, > Donnie > > Donnie Berkholz > Council Member / Sr. Developer > Gentoo Linux > Blog: http://dberkholz.com >
A smaller committee for a chief technical officer fits better into a normal corporate structure. A smaller council could form special interest groups to address individual problems so nothing would be lost from the reduced numbers. -- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of gentoo-ops forum-mods trustees