From: Ultrabug <ultrabug@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Temporary DevRel actions for CoC violations
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 20:21:57
1 On 19/06/2013 21:04, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:49:24 -0500
3 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 01:59:03PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
6 >>> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Markos Chandras
7 >>> <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
8 >>>> For me, this problem is critical. Devrel is working on
9 >>>> formalizing a new policy, and we will announce news on this soon.
10 >>>> In the meantime, to prevent further escalations, I will use my
11 >>>> lead powers to request immediate bans whenever I see one of you
12 >>>> violate the CoC[2] and ignore the previous warnings.
13 >>> Perhaps a bit of a sledgehammer approach, but right now I think it
14 >>> is safe to say that we're leaning far too on the side of leniency.
15 >>> I look forward to the new policy proposals.
16 >> Markos, I want to also publically say thanks for handling this. The
17 >> bullying/trolling/etc has been going on for far too long. Yes, it may
18 >> be a sledgehammer approach, but there are times when the big
19 >> sledgehammer is needed, and imo this is one of those times.
20 > +1; for cases that aren't worthy of a sledgehammer, I hope there will
21 > be short templated warnings to put the developers back on track. Good
22 > to see Developer Relations stepping up; there has been a bit too much
23 > noise on the mailing list lately, most of those took a considerable
24 > amount of time that could have been invested on more useful matters.
25 >
26 +1 thanks a lot for stepping in and taking this burdenMarkos.
29 Ultrabug
30 Gentoo / cluster