From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: hwoarang@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Temporary DevRel actions for CoC violations
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:07:15
1 On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:49:24 -0500
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 01:59:03PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
5 > > On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Markos Chandras
6 > > <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
7 > > > For me, this problem is critical. Devrel is working on
8 > > > formalizing a new policy, and we will announce news on this soon.
9 > > > In the meantime, to prevent further escalations, I will use my
10 > > > lead powers to request immediate bans whenever I see one of you
11 > > > violate the CoC[2] and ignore the previous warnings.
12 > >
13 > > Perhaps a bit of a sledgehammer approach, but right now I think it
14 > > is safe to say that we're leaning far too on the side of leniency.
15 > > I look forward to the new policy proposals.
16 >
17 > Markos, I want to also publically say thanks for handling this. The
18 > bullying/trolling/etc has been going on for far too long. Yes, it may
19 > be a sledgehammer approach, but there are times when the big
20 > sledgehammer is needed, and imo this is one of those times.
21
22 +1; for cases that aren't worthy of a sledgehammer, I hope there will
23 be short templated warnings to put the developers back on track. Good
24 to see Developer Relations stepping up; there has been a bit too much
25 noise on the mailing list lately, most of those took a considerable
26 amount of time that could have been invested on more useful matters.
29 With kind regards,
30
31 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
32 Gentoo Developer
33
34 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
35 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
36 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D