From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Temporary DevRel actions for CoC violations
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 18:49:33
1 On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 01:59:03PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3 > > For me, this problem is critical. Devrel is working on formalizing a new
4 > > policy, and we will announce news on this soon. In the meantime, to
5 > > prevent further escalations, I will use my lead powers to request
6 > > immediate bans whenever I see one of you violate the CoC[2] and ignore
7 > > the previous warnings.
8 >
9 > Perhaps a bit of a sledgehammer approach, but right now I think it is
10 > safe to say that we're leaning far too on the side of leniency. I
11 > look forward to the new policy proposals.
12
13 Markos, I want to also publically say thanks for handling this. The
14 bullying/trolling/etc has been going on for far too long. Yes, it may be
15 a sledgehammer approach, but there are times when the big sledgehammer
16 is needed, and imo this is one of those times.
17
18 Thanks,
19
20 William