From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [GLEP 39 overhaul] Voting and schedule
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 22:11:54
I'm summing up all GLEP 39 topics in order to prepare the upcoming
council meeting. Here is what should be discussed concerning this
topic:

 - Vote on topics, write the final text, vote on final text? Or write
the final text and vote once only? Or write the final text in
independent bits, vote on each bit, assemble those that get voted for
untouched in order to create the final text which then doesn't need to
get voted on?

 - Get this done before nominations for next term? Before voting for
next term? Can we push back a little the council election? If we
decide we want to delay the election by say 2 weeks, do we need to get
an OK from somebody? The trustees? The election project? Vote from
council?

 - Voting on forum or use our traditional condorcet method?

 - Duration for voting period? The usual 2 weeks comes to mind but
what if we vote twice? Note that preparing the vote each time takes at
the very least 1 week (writing all the choices for the first one,
writing the final text for the second one) and 2 weeks would be more
comfortable.

 Denis.