From: Johannes Huber <johu@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo as a team effort
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 14:19:43
1 Am Samstag, 15. Juni 2013, 15:44:10 schrieb Tom Wijsman:
2 > On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 14:42:49 +0200
3 >
4 > Johannes Huber <johu@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Am Samstag, 15. Juni 2013, 08:08:53 schrieb Rich Freeman:
6 > > > On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Andreas K. Huettel
7 > > >
8 > > > <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
9 > > > > Is Gentoo really a loose association of individualists who care
10 > > > > about nothing but their own stuff, and give a $(/%& about users
11 > > > > or the distribution as a whole?
12 > > > >
13 > > > > Because that's the impression I recently get on the mailing list,
14 > > > > and I'm not really sure if it's worthwhile putting any more
15 > > > > effort into it then.
16 > > >
17 > > > Some may say so, but the reality is that it has always been a united
18 > > > effort - just not one in which everybody has a mailstop.
19 > > >
20 > > > Honestly, I've only seen 2-3 devs really digging in their feet over
21 > > > systemd units, and that isn't going to cause a total meltdown. It
22 > > > seems like the general problem of over possessive maintainers is
23 > > > more widespread. That manifests itself in a million papercuts that
24 > > > tend to drive individuals nuts but we've generally weathered them.
25 > > > I think the solution there is a functioning devrel or other
26 > > > disciplinary body with a faster time constant but lower amplitude.
27 > > >
28 > > > Rich
29 > >
30 > > 100 points for you to put the word systemd into the thread. Could we
31 > > just stop to take over on every thread?
32 >
33 > Can we stop assuming this is a "take over" of a thread? It's an example.
34
35 Not assuming, proofed on -dev ml a lot. Thanks.
38 Johannes Huber (johu)
39 Gentoo Linux Developer / KDE Team
40 GPG Key ID F3CFD2BD