From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-04-09
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 11:12:44
1 Am Sonntag, 7. April 2013, 04:05:11 schrieb Ryan Hill:
2 > Toolchain packages, for better or worse, are built by eclass. We are not
3 > forward-porting toolchain.eclass every time someone decides there are too
4 > many EAPIs in the tree. Every change to that eclass breaks something (the
5 > trick is to break things people don't care about any more and hope no one
6 > notices). I don't know the ins and outs of glibc's eblits but I doubt
7 > they would be simple to port either. I also don't know much about
8 > toolchain-binutils.eclass, but it seems like it would be doable.
11 So who are the people who do know the ins and outs?
12 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor
16 Andreas K. Huettel
17 Gentoo Linux developer
18 dilfridge@g.o