From: Douglas Dunn <djdunn.safety@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo as a team effort
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 09:33:47
1 I think some people are blowing things out of proportion here. Times have
2 been more chaotic in the distant past than what we have going on now at
3 least in my 10 years with gentoo, but i gather that things are getting a
4 little heated here.
5
6 Maybe its time to expand dev-rel's authority, such as applying some basic
7 rules to all the devs. Not saying people are doing these things but rules
8 like no cursing in official communiqué, no personal attacks, promises to
9 obey the decisions of the dev-rel arbitration. And perhaps give dev-rel
10 some ability to punnish the devs, suspending their privlidges or whatnot
11 for breaking the simple rules.
12
13 Mostly there shouldnt be this endless bickering. If two maintainers cant
14 agree instead of an endless fight, they should just acknowledge that things
15 have reached an impass go to dev-rel and let them decide what is to happen,
16 maybe let them appeal to the lead of dev-rel and after that send an
17 official appeal to the council. But there is really no need for this
18 endless arguing about such small things.