From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo as a team effort
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 06:31:36
1 15.06.2013 16:15, Andreas K. Huettel пишет:
2 > Well, we have debated about everything to death, and independent of the
3 > technical details and of the issue at hand it always boils down to the same
4 > non-technical points:
5 >
6 > * Do you see yourself as "maintainer of package X", or do you see yourself as
7 > "maintainer of package X which is a part of Gentoo"?
8
9 Of course, "maintainer of package X which is a part of Gentoo". Cause we
10 maintain packages FOR a distribution. So we should cooperative if we
11 want to reach this goal.
12
13 > * How many compromises are you willing to accept to provide the best user
14 > experience?
15
16 If things does not make maintaince process much harder - they are all
17 accepted.
18
19 > * How many compromises are you willing to accept to help your colleague
20 > developers?
21
22 If developer(or user, it is not the point in this case) clearly explains
23 why this change is needed and provives good examples, where absence of
24 this change will be bad for our users(we work for users, first of all),
25 i see no problem in this change.
26
27 Of course, we should mention here 'dirty hack->workaround->proper
28 solution' stream, but i will skip it for now.
29
30 > In my personal opinion, it's worthwhile to cooperate and put effort into
31 > Gentoo to improve the distribution as a whole. It is NOT worthwhile to focus
32 > on isolated solutions, refuse to cooperate with others, and waste energy on
33 > turf wars.
34
35 +1 for that.
38 Best regards, Sergey Popov