From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo as a team effort
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 12:13:16
1 Am Samstag, 15. Juni 2013, 13:54:23 schrieb Fabian Groffen:
2 > Hi Andreas,
3 >
4 > In what way does this email do anything constructive (to this issue)?
5 > Really, you do a great job, so why would you stop doing that?
6 >
7 > My €0.02
8 >
9 > Fabian
10
11 Well, we have debated about everything to death, and independent of the
12 technical details and of the issue at hand it always boils down to the same
13 non-technical points:
14
15 * Do you see yourself as "maintainer of package X", or do you see yourself as
16 "maintainer of package X which is a part of Gentoo"?
17
18 * How many compromises are you willing to accept to provide the best user
19 experience?
20
21 * How many compromises are you willing to accept to help your colleague
22 developers?
23
24 In my personal opinion, it's worthwhile to cooperate and put effort into
25 Gentoo to improve the distribution as a whole. It is NOT worthwhile to focus
26 on isolated solutions, refuse to cooperate with others, and waste energy on
27 turf wars.
31 Andreas K. Huettel
32 Gentoo Linux developer
33 dilfridge@g.o