From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Should DevRel members be in Council?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 16:24:50
On 2011.08.14 15:52, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Roy Bamford > <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
[snip]
> > I see the council members as officers of the Foundation, not > > directors of the Foundation. The two roles are different and should > > be spilt. > > Well, that's the whole two-headed monster bit. They're not really > officers or directors of the Foundation, and "Gentoo" the distro and > Gentoo the Foundation aren't actually the same entity by our odd > organizational design. Maybe you could call the Council the > leadership of the employee union. :)
Lets double all the employees pay :)
> Long term it wouldn't hurt to change this. Short-term I'd like to > let > the Trustees continue to focus on getting the Foundation itself in > better shape. > > Rich >
The present two headed monster set up works well enough based on the good will of everyone involved while things are going well. It is likely to fail under external pressure if things are not going so well. I would like to fix it in the short to medium term so we are prepared for a bad patch. Meanwhile, I agree that "the Trustees need to continue to focus on getting the Foundation itself better shape." -- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of elections gentoo-ops forum-mods trustees