From: Rich Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questioning/Interviewing council nominees
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 21:02:17
1 On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Mon, 17 Jun 2013, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 >> Why not do it this way: We set up one thread (easily filtered for
5 >> those who wish to do so) with the Subject "Questions for
6 >> Candidates." Anybody who cares can pose a question with context if
7 >> you must (questions preferred over speeches). Then let candidates
8 >> just edit their manifestos addressing whatever questions they care
9 >> to answer. If somebody has a neurotic need to keep their personal
10 >> version of the score by all means post a table somewhere and
11 >> announce it once, but we don't need a running commentary - this
12 >> isn't politico.
13 >
14 > This won't work, because not all candidates will have a manifesto.
17 Then they can do a one-time post with answers to whatever questions
18 they want, or ignore them altogether. Same thing as a manifesto,
19 really (just a statement of what they're about).
20
21 The essence is separate the questions and the answers so that
22 candidates can just review a list of questions, and voters can just
23 read at most one concise statement per candidate, rather than a
24 back-and-forth thread.
25
26 Seems to be doing fine so-far...
27