From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:07:57

Hi all,

This is the first of the items I would like to discuss for the next
Council agenda (or a later one).

Some time ago, few people proposed to have Council appointed leaders for
QA and DevRel. I like the idea because this way the Council can ensure
that the team is active or either force some activity in case the
current leader slacks big time. Furthermore, right now there is the
potential problem for the leader to only allow new members that he likes
so they can vote for him on next elections. Membership and voting
actions should not be related in these teams. The leader will still have
control over the new members but Council will do the voting ( community
will provide feedback ofc )

My proposal is:

Devrel: 1 year term. Developers are nominated by others or they can
self-nominated

QA: 6-month term. Developers are nominated by others or they can
self-nominated

This is just a brainstorming so please let me know what you think.

- --
Regards,