From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-02-25
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 23:09:09
1 On 02/25/2014 12:46 AM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz schrieb:
3 >> Funny how every time a controversial decision gets made, somebody
4 >> inevitably tries to undermine the authority of the group making the
5 >> decision.
6 >>
7 >> In my understanding, the issue you want to address is whether the
8 >> QA team has authority over tree policy.
9 >>
10 >> Will add to the agenda.
11 >
12 > Thanks, I would like to phrase the question a little more precisely:
13 >
14 > I would like to ask council to state whether the QA team has the
15 > authority to mandate a policy when there is neither general agreement
16 > that this policy is a good thing, nor the policy would avert any kind
17 > of immediate serious problem for users.
18
19 Since there will always be disagreement and subjective interpretation
20 this can also be rephrased as:
21
22 "I'd like to ask the council to reconsider having a QA team"
23
24 How do you expect improvement to happen when the only "legal" action is,
25 err, writing a strongly-worded letter?
26 >
27 >> I happen to disagree. GLEP 48's point about maintaining "QA
28 >> Standards" applies to this.
29 >
30 > "QA Standards" are not really defined in GLEP 48 either. Maybe council
31 > could also clarify whether "QA Standard" is just another name for
32 > "tree policy".
35 > Best regards,
36 > Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn