From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-02-25
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 16:46:12
1 Donnie Berkholz schrieb:
2 > Funny how every time a controversial decision gets made, somebody
3 > inevitably tries to undermine the authority of the group making the
4 > decision.
5 >
6 > In my understanding, the issue you want to address is whether the
7 > QA team has authority over tree policy.
8 >
9 > Will add to the agenda.
10
11 Thanks, I would like to phrase the question a little more precisely:
12
13 I would like to ask council to state whether the QA team has the
14 authority to mandate a policy when there is neither general agreement
15 that this policy is a good thing, nor the policy would avert any kind
16 of immediate serious problem for users.
17
18 > I happen to disagree. GLEP 48's point about maintaining "QA
19 > Standards" applies to this.
20
21 "QA Standards" are not really defined in GLEP 48 either. Maybe council
22 could also clarify whether "QA Standard" is just another name for
23 "tree policy".
26 Best regards,
27 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn