From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-02-25
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 03:47:54
1 On 01:14 Fri 21 Feb , Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > Andreas K. Huettel schrieb:
3 >
4 > > Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to
5 > > repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously suggested
6 > > one (since the last meeting).
7 > >
8 > > We will send out the agenda one week before the meeting date, i.e.
9 > > 2014-02-18.
10 >
11 > If that is still possible, I would like to add one more item related to the
12 > gtk/gtk2/gtk3 USE flags to the agenda. Namely, whether Council gives QA the
13 > powers to enact such a rule.
14 >
15 > In my opinion, it is not necessary for QA to have such powers (and
16 > therefore better if they don't have it). QA can already act per GLEP 48 if
17 > there is an immediate serious problem for users. And when there is not an
18 > immediate serious problem, any such rule can be proposed by QA to council
19 > for decision, especially if the topic is as controversial as the gtk USE
20 > flag issue.
21
22 Funny how every time a controversial decision gets made, somebody
23 inevitably tries to undermine the authority of the group making the
24 decision.
25
26 In my understanding, the issue you want to address is whether the QA
27 team has authority over tree policy.
28
29 Will add to the agenda.
30
31 I happen to disagree. GLEP 48's point about maintaining "QA Standards"
32 applies to this.
35 Thanks,
36 Donnie
37