From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-02-25
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 00:15:29
1 Andreas K. Huettel schrieb:
2
3 > Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to
4 > repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously suggested
5 > one (since the last meeting).
6 >
7 > We will send out the agenda one week before the meeting date, i.e.
8 > 2014-02-18.
9
10 If that is still possible, I would like to add one more item related to the
11 gtk/gtk2/gtk3 USE flags to the agenda. Namely, whether Council gives QA the
12 powers to enact such a rule.
13
14 In my opinion, it is not necessary for QA to have such powers (and
15 therefore better if they don't have it). QA can already act per GLEP 48 if
16 there is an immediate serious problem for users. And when there is not an
17 immediate serious problem, any such rule can be proposed by QA to council
18 for decision, especially if the topic is as controversial as the gtk USE
19 flag issue.
22 Best regards,
23 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn