From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] On the way Devrel is constituted
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:51:20
1 On 20 June 2013 11:44, Sean Amoss <ackle@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 06/19/2013 11:17 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
3 > [...]
4 >>
5 >> I could give you a few names I would certainly like to see on council
6 >> because they have a very good overview of the technical issues council
7 >> usually discusses but whom I wouldn't see in devrel matters :)
8 >>
9 >> Alexis.
12 > Agreed. These two duties require two completely different skill sets and
13 > yet have a lot of control and impact on the direction of the distribution.
14
15 Correct.
18 > One thing I have not seen mentioned yet is the possibility of separating
19 > these functions out to two individual, high-level, groups: a
20 > council/board that ONLY handles technical decisions and a devrel that
21 > handles the social issues and direction of Gentoo; both elected by
22 > developers.
23 >
24 > We need a group that not only reacts to devrel issues, but will actively
25 > steer the Gentoo culture to create an accountable group of developers
26 > and a better experience for all.
27 >
28 > Sean
31 I agree to everything you said. I am perfectly fine to have DevRel/QA
32 appointed by the Council.
33 The council could use these teams to delegate social and technical problems.
36 Regards,
37 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
38 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang