From: Sean Amoss <ackle@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] On the way Devrel is constituted
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:44:44
1 On 06/19/2013 11:17 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 [...]
3 >
4 > I could give you a few names I would certainly like to see on council
5 > because they have a very good overview of the technical issues council
6 > usually discusses but whom I wouldn't see in devrel matters :)
7 >
8 > Alexis.
11 Agreed. These two duties require two completely different skill sets and
12 yet have a lot of control and impact on the direction of the distribution.
13
14 One thing I have not seen mentioned yet is the possibility of separating
15 these functions out to two individual, high-level, groups: a
16 council/board that ONLY handles technical decisions and a devrel that
17 handles the social issues and direction of Gentoo; both elected by
18 developers.
19
20 We need a group that not only reacts to devrel issues, but will actively
21 steer the Gentoo culture to create an accountable group of developers
22 and a better experience for all.
23
24 Sean