From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: jdhore@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Agenda for Gentoo Council meeting on 2014-02-25
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:07:56
1 Dnia 2014-02-25, o godz. 11:44:56
2 Jeff Horelick <jdhore@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > I agree with the USE flags as described by rich0. In many cases, if a user
5 > is in a GTK2 environment (such as GNOME2, MATE, XFCE, LXDE, etc), it
6 > becomes a significant pain to make GTK3 apps look attractive. In that case,
7 > I feel the users would prefer to have the choice and would choose gtk2 over
8 > gtk3. Granted, this may be a short term fix because some apps are moving to
9 > GTK3-only, but I think the users are willing to deal with that possible
10 > annoyance to have their applications look good in their chosen environment.
11
12 It won't work because most of the applications would not have any flags
13 at all. If you really are a GTK+3 hater, package.mask it and handle
14 the fallout. Don't throw useless flags at people.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny