From: Jeff Horelick <jdhore@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Agenda for Gentoo Council meeting on 2014-02-25
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:45:01
1 On 25 February 2014 11:32, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
2
56 I agree with the USE flags as described by rich0. In many cases, if a user
57 is in a GTK2 environment (such as GNOME2, MATE, XFCE, LXDE, etc), it
58 becomes a significant pain to make GTK3 apps look attractive. In that case,
59 I feel the users would prefer to have the choice and would choose gtk2 over
60 gtk3. Granted, this may be a short term fix because some apps are moving to
61 GTK3-only, but I think the users are willing to deal with that possible
62 annoyance to have their applications look good in their chosen environment.