From: "PaweĊ‚ Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:34:18
On 8/5/11 6:54 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
> My point is how fast and how flexible can a committee like this decide > on global project issues
It's not only about a decision. Enforcing a decision in an open source project is not always trivial. What if you make a decision but don't have manpower to implement it? Or people just don't want to follow? I think that's also an important factor, and having a good plan how to deal with those issues is also important. DevRel? By the way, a lot of work can be done by projects, and it doesn't need council (maybe for the final rubber stamp).