From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:34:18
1 On 8/5/11 6:54 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > My point is how fast and how flexible can a committee like this decide
3 > on global project issues
4
5 It's not only about a decision. Enforcing a decision in an open source
6 project is not always trivial. What if you make a decision but don't
7 have manpower to implement it? Or people just don't want to follow?
8
9 I think that's also an important factor, and having a good plan how to
10 deal with those issues is also important. DevRel?
11
12 By the way, a lot of work can be done by projects, and it doesn't need
13 council (maybe for the final rubber stamp).