From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-02-25
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 09:40:21
1 >>>>> On Mon, 10 Feb 2014, hasufell wrote:
2
3 > As discussed on gentoo-dev ML and recently with the QA team, we have
4 > no clear rule/policy about 'gtk' USE flags. Currently there are all
5 > kinds of them: gtk, gtk2, gtk3. That looks inconsistent to me.
6
7 > The council should decide whether to allow:
8 > * gtk only
9 > * gtk2, gtk3, ..., but without 'gtk'
10
11 > mixing these two concepts is confusing from a usability POV. I have
12 > no strong opinion on what to do. But we should not do both.
13
14 I support adding this point to the agenda. The discussion in
15 gentoo-dev following yesterdays QA decision shows that the issue is
16 controversial, and guidance from the Council is needed.
17
18 Ulrich