From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-03-11
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 13:27:54
1 On Tuesday 04 March 2014 14:16:11 Ralph Sennhauser wrote:
2 > On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 06:12:06 -0500
3 >
4 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Some EAPI changes are easier than others. This one was only from
6 > > non-banned to banned because we haven't gotten around to banning EAPI
7 > > 0 yet. I'm all for doing that for non-toolchain ebuilds until we
8 > > figure out what to do with the toolchain.
9 >
10 > What toolchain is allowed to do the rest of the tree is as well.
11
12 Well, we can mask/remove/modify "everything else" without too much horrible
13 stuff happening, but e.g. masking all of gcc because "ebuild doesn't follow
14 policy" will not have any reasonable results.
15
16 So for now we have the toolchain exception, until we can get things patched up
17 and tested enough.