From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 2011-12-13
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 23:09:40
1 Zac Medico schrieb:
2 > One person's common-sense behavioral model is another person's baseless
3 > claim.
4
5 Claims don't have to be based on data. You can come to a conclusion from
6 experience/knowledge of working/researching/studying in a particular
7 subject, or from opinions of those who did. Or you can say that this is
8 your idea of "common sense". Or your can say that it is derived from
9 your imagination.
10
11 All these claims are valid and deserve attention, but in a discussion
12 should be clearly labelled as what they are.
13
14 >> One way to investigate would be to sample statements in the forum
15 >> thread, and determining how many responded with personal preference and
16 >> how many with practical arguments. It would still have to be accounted
17 >> for those who try to rationalize their pre-conceived opinion with ad-hoc
18 >> arguments, but better than nothing at all which is the current case.
19 >
20 > Sure, but that seems like more of an academic exercise than a practical
21 > one. I think we'll better of with a judicial approach, where a group of
22 > judges weighs a set of pros and cons. Gentoo's council is the closest
23 > thing to that we have to a judiciary.
24
25 I have just given an example of what I would have considered data/fact
26 regarding the bias claim.
29 Best regards,
30 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn