From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 2011-12-13
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 23:09:40
Zac Medico schrieb:
> One person's common-sense behavioral model is another person's baseless > claim.
Claims don't have to be based on data. You can come to a conclusion from experience/knowledge of working/researching/studying in a particular subject, or from opinions of those who did. Or you can say that this is your idea of "common sense". Or your can say that it is derived from your imagination. All these claims are valid and deserve attention, but in a discussion should be clearly labelled as what they are.
>> One way to investigate would be to sample statements in the forum >> thread, and determining how many responded with personal preference and >> how many with practical arguments. It would still have to be accounted >> for those who try to rationalize their pre-conceived opinion with ad-hoc >> arguments, but better than nothing at all which is the current case. > > Sure, but that seems like more of an academic exercise than a practical > one. I think we'll better of with a judicial approach, where a group of > judges weighs a set of pros and cons. Gentoo's council is the closest > thing to that we have to a judiciary.
I have just given an example of what I would have considered data/fact regarding the bias claim. Best regards, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn