From: Johannes Huber <johu@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Klondike's Manifesto was
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 00:04:10
1 Am Sonntag, 30. Juni 2013, 01:57:26 schrieb Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn:
2 > Johannes Huber schrieb:
3 > >> You probably may think that I may be a weak candidate but that's untrue,
4 > >> the fact I'm a staffer doesn't means I have no knowledge of how Gentoo
5 > >> development works and even less that I have no knowledge of technical
6 > >> stuff at all. I'm a Computer Engineer with quite a deep understanding on
7 > >> fields like language programming and computer architecture which I think
8 > >> Gentoo can benefit from.
9 > >
10 > > First lesson as computer engineer do not duplicate code. So conclusion we
11 > > can not benefit from him.
12 >
13 > That conclusion might be a bit too harsh. When you are new you have to
14 > figure out how things work.
15 > I would rather thank klondike for volunteering to spend his time on the
16 > council, despite that strange Manifesto. The voting ballots will show
17 > whether the developer community thinks that he is ready.
20 > Best regards,
21 > Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
22
23 Sorry, but in my opinion this is just the reality.
24
25 Greetings
28 Johannes Huber (johu)
29 Gentoo Linux Developer / KDE Team