From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] GLEP 63 - was Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-03-11
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 23:54:12
1 Am Mittwoch, 5. März 2014, 13:49:07 schrieb Rich Freeman:
2 > On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 8:56 PM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3 > > The role of the GLEP is to lock down the requirements, NOT the
4 > > interface, or exact how-to instructions.
5 >
6 > If so, then I suggest we strip out everything but the requirements.
7 >
8 > I'm fine with approving the direction, but I would not want to make
9 > the GLEP effective until the instructions are available somewhere. I
10 > guess we can use the "Accepted" vs "Final" statues to distinguish
11 > this.
12 >
13 > Rich
14
15 To be honest, I find the idea a bit silly to now strip out the instructions.
16 After all, from the text it should be clear what is requirement and what is
17 additional information.
18
19 That said, since the council meeting is tomorrow and we need something as a
20 base for discussion, I've made a stripped-down version of the GLEP (with all
21 documentation, howtos and informal information removed), it's here:
22 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Dilfridge/GLEP:1001a
23 Requirements-wise it should be identical to the original version.
24
25 The original, full version is here:
26 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GLEP:63
30 Andreas K. Huettel