From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-04-09
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 14:51:37
1 On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 10:46:29 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 > I'll let the toolchain maintainers speak for themselves though. From
4 > what I'm reading here it sounds like we should be happy to have a
5 > toolchain at all. If people want them to do more than they're already
6 > doing somebody will have to step up and help them do it.
7
8 A large part of this is self-inflicted. Toolchain packages contain all
9 sorts of "cunning plan" tricks that rely upon implementation flukes,
10 unspecified behaviour, etc. Eblits are the prime example, but there are
11 plenty more too... Unfortunately the toolchain maintainers don't appear
12 to be prepared to fix these mistakes.
15 Ciaran McCreesh