From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: rich0@g.o, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>, leio@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Agenda for Gentoo Council meeting on 2014-02-25
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:04:49
1 Dnia 2014-02-25, o godz. 11:12:44
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > I don't see any concerns on the list that weren't addressed already.
5 > USE=gtk2 means build gtk2 support
6 > USE=gtk3 means build gtk3 support
7 > USE="gtk2 gtk3" means build support for whichever version the
8 > maintainer thinks is better (which is what USE=gtk meant a week ago)
9
10 ...or for both, if maintainer feels like supporting both. Even if you
11 will never use or care about both.
12
13 So in the end, we have supposedly clear USE=gtk2 and USE=gtk3. Then we
14 have USE="gtk2 gtk3" which sometimes builds one of them, sometimes
15 both. And we have USE="-gtk2 -gtk3" which sometimes builds with no GUI
16 and sometimes fails requesting to choose GUI (or maybe goes with
17 default, again?).
18
19 And then, we have binary packages that can be built for 4 combinations
20 of which 2-3 would be meaningful and the remaining would be redundant.
21 I'd call it a mess.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny