From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo Council <council@g.o>, leio@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Agenda for Gentoo Council meeting on 2014-02-25
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:12:48
1 On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
2 > We acknowledge that our policy may not have been perfect but we need
3 > time to analyze claims brought up by/to the QA team to construct a
4 > proper proposal for a better policy that would satisfy everyone;
5 > hopefully in co-operation with a QA team.
6
7 Is there any reason to think that this analysis will come to a
8 different conclusion?
9
10 I don't see any concerns on the list that weren't addressed already.
11 USE=gtk2 means build gtk2 support
12 USE=gtk3 means build gtk3 support
13 USE="gtk2 gtk3" means build support for whichever version the
14 maintainer thinks is better (which is what USE=gtk meant a week ago)
15
16 If there is something that has been missed I'm happy to hear it, but
17 it has been a week and I haven't seen anything beyond the "why can't
18 maintainers choose?" theme which was responded to a week ago. If
19 there are other objections we should consider, then please state them
20 before the meeting. I'm sure somebody might think of something new,
21 but it has been a week and somebody could think of something new 9
22 months from now.
23
24 Rich